Pink Up the Pace 2021
November 7, 2021 @ 2:00PM — 5:00PM Central Time (US & Canada)
Lace-up your sneakers to raise funds and awareness for local, life-saving breast cancer research.
Join us on Sunday, November 7 for the 4th annual Pink Up the Pace 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run presented by Vulcan Materials and Benton Nissan of Hoover & Bessemer! Lace-up your sneakers to raise funds and awareness for local, life-saving breast cancer research.
Brought to you by the Junior Board of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama, this year's event is actually two-in-one! Register for the in-person race on November 7 or the 5-week virtual event from October 1 - November 6.
The in-person event features a 5K race (walkers welcome!) and a "Dolly Dash" 1-mile fun run, which encourages kids (and adults!) to run, walk, bike, or "scoot" to the finish line. After the event, runners will enjoy live music, refreshments, beer/wine for the adults, and field activities for the kids, including face painting, a petting zoo, and an inflatable obstacle course.
- Race packet pick-up for pre-registered runners is Friday, November 5 from 4-6 PM at Mountain Brook City Hall (56 Church Street, Mountain Brook, AL 35213). If you cannot pick up on Friday, items will be available at the event registration tent.
- Day-of registration opens at 1 PM on event day, Sunday, November 7. Limited t-shirts available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Races begin at 2 PM. 5K winners (fastest woman and man) will each receive a PUTP hat and a $50 gift certificate to Trak Shak.
Can't make it in person? Join us for our 5-week virtual event! Virtual participants can compete in:
- A time challenge, which challenges runners to submit their fastest 5K time.
- A distance challenge, which connects runners across the state and beyond to collaboratively reach 1,996 miles to represent 1996—the year BCRFA was founded 25 years ago.
Virtual runners: Click here to log your mileage and 5k times. Please enter the email address used for your registration.
Registration is $35 for adults (ages 13+) and $25 for children (ages 4-12). Children 3 and under are free. The registration fee includes an event t-shirt and swag items based on availability. NOTE: If you are registering for the virtual event, be sure to select that type of registration. Virtual participants will receive shirts via mail.
- Pre-registration ends November 3 at midnight.
- Runners may register at the event beginning at 1 PM.
Want to do more? Become a fundraiser for breast cancer research!
If you’d like to raise additional funds for the BCRFA, click here to create your online fundraising page then ask your friends, family, and colleagues to sponsor your run with a donation of $15, $25, $50, or more. It all adds up!
Becoming a fundraiser is easy to do, and it's fun. We'll even give you all the tools you'll need to make a difference. With your help, we can get one step closer to finding a cure for breast cancer.
Click here for sponsorship info, or call 205-996-5463.
Thank you to our 2021 sponsors, including:
About the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama
Founded in 1996, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama (BCRFA) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help find a cure for breast cancer by funding promising breast cancer research in Alabama and raising community awareness and funding for that research. BCRFA funds promote a comprehensive approach to battling breast cancer by promoting collaborative and innovative research to help diagnose, treat, prevent, and eradicate the disease.
With community support, BCRFA has invested over $11 million in life-saving breast cancer research and treatments across Alabama since its founding in 1996. Most recently, in January 2021, we awarded $1.05 million to our grantee partners, including the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB (Birmingham, AL), Southern Research (Birmingham, AL), Auburn University (Auburn, AL), the Mitchell Cancer Center at University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL), and others. All funding stays in Alabama, but the impact is worldwide.
Learn more about our mission and breakthroughs at www.bcrfa.org.
Your ticket purchase and/or donation will show up as a charge from Network For Good on your statement.