Pink Up The Pace 2022 presented by Vulcan Materials Co.
Lace-up your sneakers to fuel breast cancer research!
Join us on Sunday, October 23 for the 5th annual Pink Up the Pace 5K and 1-Mile Dolly Dash Fun Run presented by Vulcan Materials Company!
Brought to you by the Junior Board of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama.
Pink Up The Pace features a 5K and 1-mile fun run open to runners and walkers of all ages. After the event, stick around for refreshments, beer/wine for adults, and field activities, including face painting, a petting zoo, bounce house, and an inflatable obstacle course.
- Race packet pick-up for pre-registered runners is Friday, October 21 from 4-6 PM at Mountain Brook City Hall (56 Church Street, Mountain Brook, AL 35213). If you cannot pick up on Friday, packet will be available at the registration tent on event day.
- Day-of registration opens at 1 PM on event day, Sunday, October 23. Limited t-shirts/race bags are available for walk-ups, but not guaranteed.
- Races begin at 2 PM. 5K winners (fastest woman and man) will each receive a PUTP hat and a $50 gift certificate to Trak Shak.
- Course map
Registration for the 5K and Dolly Dash is $35 for adults (ages 13+) and $25 for children (ages 4-12). Children 3 and under are free.
Early registration is highly encouraged as t-shirts and race bags are limited and distributed based on registration date. Online registration ends Wednesday, October 19 at 11:59 PM. Walk-ups may register on-site beginning at 1 PM on event day.
- Registration includes event t-shirt and race bag while supplies last (register early!) and race bib with timing chip.
- Open to runners and walkers of all ages. No bikes, scooters, or pets, please.
Dolly Dash 1-Mile Fun Run Details
- Registration includes event t-shirt and race bag items while supplies last (register early!). Dolly Dash registration does not include a timing bib, but a race clock will be at the finish line.
- Open to runners and walkers of all ages. Scooters, bikes, and dogs welcome*.
Lazy Day/Virtual Details
- ($30) Includes an event t-shirt mailed to you so you can run/walk on your own or skip it altogether! Race bag and timing bib not included.
*While dogs are allowed to run/walk with their humans in the Dolly Dash, the City of Mountain Brook prohibits dogs from being on Crestline Field at any time. Thank you for your understanding.
Nearly everyone has been touched by breast cancer in some way. We invite you to celebrate the people in your life who have fought or are fighting a personal battle with breast cancer with a tribute sign. Tribute signs (18x24”) will be displayed on Crestline Field on race day and may be kept after the event. Choose from three personalization options (shown below). Tribute sign sales end Thursday, October 6 at 11:59 PM.
Want to do more? Become a Pink Up The Pace fundraiser!
If you’d like to raise additional funds for the BCRFA, click here to create your online fundraising page then ask your friends, family, and colleagues to sponsor your run with a donation of $15, $25, $50, or more. It all adds up!
Becoming a fundraiser is easy to do, and it's fun. We'll even give you all the tools you'll need to make a difference. With your help, we can get one step closer to finding a cure for breast cancer.
Click here for sponsorship our 2022 sponsorship opportunities. Questions? Call 205-996-5463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You Sponsors
About the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama
Founded in 1996, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama (BCRFA) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help find a cure for breast cancer by funding promising breast cancer research in Alabama and raising community awareness and funding for that research. BCRFA funds promote a comprehensive approach to battling breast cancer by promoting collaborative and innovative research to help diagnose, treat, prevent, and eradicate the disease.
With community support, BCRFA has invested over $12 million in life-saving breast cancer research and treatments across Alabama since its founding in 1996. Most recently, in December 2021, we announced an annual investment of $1.225 million to our grantee partners, including the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Auburn University, CerFlux, the Mitchell Cancer Institute at the University of South Alabama, the University of Alabama, Southern Research, and HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology. All funding stays in Alabama, but the impact is worldwide.
Learn more about our mission and breakthroughs at www.bcrfa.org.
Your ticket purchase and/or donation will show up as a charge from Network For Good on your statement.